We now invite scholars to express their interest in serving as convenors for a Thematic Panel or a Symposium:
Submission of proposals for the Thematic Panel is open for all interested parties within the conference theme of priority-setting or the broad themes suggested above; the Thematic Panel is therefore a particularly good option for people willing to catalyze the interest of researchers on new themes.
The Symposium, on the other hand, focus on a particular theme and are proposed having beforehand identified paper authors; it is a perfect format for creating/enlarging research or interest networks.
Convenors must organize their work in the following way:
Thematic Panel Convenors are responsible for:
- proposing the broad theme of a session, preferably but not exclusively within the theme of priority-setting
- assessing and ranking all abstracts submitted for their own session, finally selecting up to 4 papers,
- identifying 1-2 discussants, including eventually the convenors themselves
- communicating with paper authors and supervising (together with local organizers) the paper submission to the closed conference forum in good time before the conference.
Symposium Convenors are responsible for:
- proposing the particular theme of the session, including identification of up to 4 named paper authors
- identifying 1-2 discussants
- planning the panel composition, and guaranteeing the participation of all the paper authors involved in their proposal
- supervising the paper submission to the closed conference forum in good time before the conference.
Regardless of format, convenors will chair their respective session in the Conference, presenting the theme of the session, and providing adequate time for paper presentation and their discussion.
Expressions of interest for both session formats should include:
1. A session title
2. A short description of the session’s theme (max 300 words), including either a description of the topics and/or types of papers that would be expected (for Thematic Panel), or a detailed description of the papers’ contributions and the authors who agree to participate (for a Symposium). We encourage descriptions of proposed themes that make explicit links to the topic of the 2021 conference.
3. Full contact details of the stream convenor/s (with a maximum of two convenors per stream): Name/s, affiliation, phone number, e-mail.
Please submit your proposal via this form. You may either insert your text in the box Your proposal or upload a file.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org