Symposia will be proposed by one or more conveners, who will identify a specific theme beforehand and invite up to four paper authors. For the Thematic Panels, one or more conveners may propose a title and a theme to be included in the Call for Papers to be launched on 15th November 2022. (Thematic Panel conveners will also be expected to review and select papers for inclusion in their session.)
The deadline for proposals (Symposia and Thematic Panels) is 16th September 2022.
Thematic Panel Convenors are responsible for:
- proposing the broad theme of a session, preferably but not exclusively within the theme
- assessing and ranking all abstracts submitted for their own session, finally selecting up to 4 papers
- identifying 1-2 discussants, including the convenors themselves
- communicating with paper authors and supervising (together with local organisers) the paper submissions in good time before the conference.
Symposium Convenors are responsible for:
- proposing the particular theme of the session, including identification of up to 4 named paper authors
- identifying 1-2 discussants
- planning the panel composition, and guaranteeing the participation of all the paper authors involved in their proposal
- supervising the paper submissions in good time before the conference.
Regardless of format, convenors will chair their respective session(s) in the Conference, presenting the theme of the session, and provide adequate time for paper presentation and their discussion.
Expressions of interest for both Thematic Panels and Symposia should be a maximum of 1 page long and include:
1. A session title
2. A short description of the session’s theme (max 300 words), including either a description of the topics and/or types of papers that would be expected (for Thematic Panel), or a detailed description of the papers’ contributions and the authors who agree to participate (for a Symposium). We encourage descriptions of proposed themes that make explicit links to the topic of the conference.
3. Full contact details of the stream convenor/s (with a maximum of two convenors per stream): Name/s, affiliation, phone number, e-mail.
Session proposals should be sent to: email@example.com.